How to make 2018 your B*tch + GOAL SETTING SHEETS
January 1, 2018.
We find ourselves yet again on the first day of a new year. How are you feeling?
All of the above?
I think it's important to take a pause and reflect on the goals and intentions we want to achieve. Picture yourself in December 2018, twelve months from now. Looking back, what will you be proud of? What are the memories that stand out? How have you grown?
Of course, life never happens exactly as planned so there is no need to fret about the details. However, it is important to be moving in the right direction. Although we all live different lives, what we share in common is the desire to achieve our potential and feel fulfilled in our health, work, and relationships.
It can feel overwhelming to set goals, as it can be confusing on where to start, or how to measure success. As a tool that might help, we created the TRT Goal Setting Sheets to outline three main areas that can start the ball rolling. Ask yourself what you want to keep, change, or try out in 2018! Don't be afraid to be honest with yourself, as you don't need to share this with anybody else.
I sometimes lower my goals just so I don't feel disappointed if I don't achieve it, but this is something I want to change myself. What helps me is to write down a general range of a result I want, so as long as I am within the range it is a success. However, I want to emphasize that writing down goals is simply an activity to focus on your own self-development, and the process is more important than the result.
This is a space to write your motto for the year. It can be a word, a sentence, a symbol... this will be your motto a simple motto that you can repeat to remind yourself of your goals.
- What are the things you do to relax your mind? Make sure you do this at least once a week! I find that journaling makes me feel like I've unloaded my mental stress.
- What is a book that you've been wanting to read? Set it by your bedside and read before going to sleep.
- What types of exercises do you currently enjoy? Create a regular block in your schedule for these.
- What are some activities you'd like to try? Look up free trial courses and go with a friend!
- How is your nutrition, and what can you improve?
- How can you improve your relationships?
- What can you do to show appreciation?
- Do you want to or need to spend more time with your family?
- Who encourages you and shares similar goals?
- Who can you genuinely be yourself around?
- Who makes you laugh?
- Who do you look up to?
- Who can you reach out to on LinkedIn for a coffee chat?
- Are there networking events or conferences you can attend to learn more?
- How can you improve your study schedule?
- What are the clubs you want to be involved with?
- What classes genuinely make you excited to learn?
- What are small ways you can cut spending?
- How much do you want to save monthly?
- What are the big purchases/spending you can foresee?
- What are the skills you want to acquire?
- Is this job a step towards where you see yourself five years from now?
- Will this job fit the lifestyle you want to live?
MAKE IT EXTRA AND BOUJEE, LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO SEE IT SO WHO CARES! Have fun with it! Screenshot and paste all your instagram saved images, #MCM, corgis, bestie selfies... all the things that double tap.
I can't guarantee your goals, but what I can 100% guarantee is that it will only benefit you to take a few minutes to stop and reflect on how you want to design your year.
Click the button below to get your own TRT goal setting sheets! I would be so happy to hear about what you're envisioning, so let's keep the conversation going on Instagram @thatsrealtalk or you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
Cheers to the year ahead!